DISA is not-for-profit organisation, 100% volunteer based and committed to the future health and integrity of dachshunds, in particular IVDD.
Since its inception in July 2013, fundraising and donations received have enabled DISA to achieve the following: –
- Production of 5000 “IVDD Quick Fact Sheet Fridge Magnets” & 3000 “Your Dachshund & IVDD Brochures” which is regularly distributed into veterinary clinics and specialist centres, as well as being posted to owners around Australia.
- IVDD Banners – Tasmania, Victoria & QLD are flying the flag at meet-ups and events.
- 2 sets of wheels have been donated via the Guardian Angel Scheme.
- Donation made to Pay It Forward Dachshund Community Scheme to assist with postage costs, as many of the care packages sent out are to IVDD dachshunds.
- Successful Wine fundraisers in 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- IVDD Crate Program launched in Victoria & SE QLD.
In order for DISA to continue supporting and spreading awareness, we do rely on the generous support of the entire dachshund community.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, whether you join us as a supporter, donate cash or your services as a volunteer or contribute to our fundraising efforts.
Click on the links below to find out how you can help.