SUPPORT & CARE FORUM
For Australian & Oceania owners of Dachshunds who have been diagnosed with IVDD
Our Charity provides a closed Owners Support Forum on Facebook, a special place where owners whose Dachshund has been bitten by the IVDD bug. It’s a private group because we understand with it comes to IVDD owners need a safe space to talk openly and not be judged. Every case, every hound and every owner’s needs are different.
If your Dachshund has been formally diagnosed with IVDD and you live in the Australian & Oceania regions and you would like to chat or engage with owners who have walked the walk we invite you to join!
Before requesting to join please read this important information
IVDD Support Forum by DISA is hosted by Dachshund IVDD Support Australia (Teckel Tails Ltd) and moderated by volunteers and supported by knowledgeable owners, who in many instances possess first-hand experience with IVDD. Membership is only open to Australian & Oceania based owners of Dachshunds who have been diagnosed with IVDD.
Dachshund IVDD Support Australia (Teckel Tails Ltd) is a charity dedicated to providing awareness, education and support about IVDD to owners & prospective owners and is an impartial identity that supports the rights of owners to make decisions based upon their circumstances. The IVDD Support Forum by DISA follows this ideal and endeavours to do so in a safe, ethical and non-judgemental environment.
DISCLAIMER: Owners who join the IVDD Support Forum by DISA, do so at “their own risk”. Dachshund IVDD Support Australia (Teckel Tails Ltd), its admins, moderators, volunteers and representatives shall not be held responsible for comments, opinions expressed, or beliefs & values that may impinge on the rights of others when posting.
JOINING FINE PRINT
1. It is a compliance requirement for new members to read & understand the Support Forum Guidelines & Rules of Conduct and to acknowledge their acceptance when applying to join the Forum.
2. Your application & profile will be screened by Facebook & Admins prior to approval. Failure to answer all questions will result in your application being declined.
3. DISA and its representatives are not veterinarians or health care professionals. If you suspect your Dachshund is displaying signs and symptoms of an IVDD episode, first seek urgent professional advice and once a diagnosis has been confirmed we welcome you to then join the forum.
4. If you suspect your dog has IVDD, this Forum is unable to provide support/advice at this stage. Urgently seek a professional diagnosis and if confirmed please re-apply.
5. If you don’t have a Dachshund that is affected by IVDD but are wanting to find out more about this disease continue to browse our WEBSITE where you will find heaps of information or follow us on Facebook
6. For owners located outside Oceania please join a support group in your local region to ensure you receive timely advice relevant to your location. There are support groups located in UK and USA.
My Dachshund has been diagnosed with IVDD – how do I join the forum?
The Forum is Administered by Volunteers and join requests are processed in a timely manner depending on availability.
PLEASE NOTE: Should you require URGENT support, message DISA Facebook Page m.me/dachshundivdd or GET IN TOUCH
READ THE SUPPORT FORUM GUIDELINES & RULES OF CONDUCT
CLICK ON THIS LINK https://www.ivdd.org.au/facebook-support-group-rules-of-conduct/
Click here to JOIN SUPPORT FORUM
You will see this message appear
Your membership is pending approval. Answer these questions from the group admins to help them review your request to join. Only the admins and moderators will see your answers.
ANSWER MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS
<<NOTE >> Your application & profile will be screened by Facebook & Admins prior to approval. Failure to answer all questions will result in your application being declined.
– I confirm that I am a registered owner of a Dachshund that has been formally diagnosed by a Vet/Specialist as suffering from IVDD
– I confirm that I am a Partner/Carer of a Dachshund that has been formally diagnosed by a Vet/Specialist as suffering from IVDD
– I confirm that I am a Volunteer Foster Carer caring for a Dachshund that has been formally diagnosed by a Vet/Specialist as suffering from IVDD. **We require further information. Please get in touch with us direct http://www.ivdd.org.au/get-in-touch/ **
– I don’t have a Dachshund that has been formally diagnosed with IVDD. THAT’S GREAT!! To research & learn more about IVDD >> FOLLOW THESE LINKS >> VISIT https://ivdd.org.au/ LIKE or FOLLOW @dachshundivdd FOLLOW Instagram @dachshundivddoz
➡️ Where do you live? |
➡️ Specialist/Vet who diagnosed + location |
➡️ Grade (if known) |
➡️ Provide Email to receive valuable monthly newsletter updates (no spam)
WRITE YOUR ANSWERS
Problems joining our Facebook Group?
HAVING PROBLEMS JOINING?
Facebook doesn’t always play nicely when applying to join.
If you do experience problems copy and paste Questions 1, 2 & 3 then add in your answers and MESSAGE FACEBOOK PAGE
An admin will respond as soon as they are available.