Green Lipped Mussels contain naturally high levels of Omega 3 which is essential in helping to maintain healthy bones and skin.
As with all fish dog treats, they are a great high value dog training treat and quick reward snack.
This dog treat is 100% Green Lipped Mussels with no additives or preservatives.
OMEGA-3 for dogs may have these benefits:
- Reduces infections caused by yeast, fungal, or bacteria in dogs ears.
- Treatment of allergic and inflammatory dermatological conditions in dogs.
- Training and learning enhancing properties (increased brain function)
- Reduces cardiovascular problems like sudden cardiac death or arrhythmias, blood clots and hypertension.
- Assists in treatment of ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Good cholesterol rises with fish oil for dogs, providing a better cholesterol profile.
- Reduces incidence of renal damage.
- Reduces cancer cells proliferation.
- A high source of anti-oxidants which help cells repair themselves.
- shinier coat & control of “doggy odour” without needing regular shampoos.
Dosage: There is no set recommendation for mussels and it can also depend on if it’s just for general well being or to help a condition and if it’s at the initial or maintenance stage. Each dog may also respond differently. Generally a good start is 3-6g for <5kg dogs, 5-10g for small dogs up to 10kg, 10-20g for 10-30kg and 20-40g for larger. Start at the lower end and increase over time if you feel it’s necessary.